Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hi all,

I just joined this KAL and am rather excited about it. My first shawl is a design from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman. The design is called Children of Lir Rectangle Stole, very lacy; gorgeous if I do say so myself. The material I am using is a fingering weight yarn from KnitPicks in a very soft yellow. I am using size 8 needles. I have an aunt who is in a nursing home who we intend to go see next month when we are on vacation in Idaho, she lives in Washington. I work at home as a medical transcriptionist, oh for the past 5 years or so. I have been knitting for many years, and it has become a passion of mine. And I love lace. My DH says it is very romantic. I have learned a lot already about Provisional method of using a waste yarn and why. I have got to get a digital camera, so you guys can see my progress. I already have about an inch done. Since I work during the day, I only have time to knit at night. All for now.

Linda E.

2 comments:

Grace said...

welcome to the group Linda, hope the knitting goes well for you!!!

lindaloveslace said...

Grace,

Thanks for the welcome. I finally was able to order my digital camera. Hopefully I will have it soon and be able to post pictures soon. It is coming along fine.