Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Adara Rainbow Shawl

May 1st finally!

Here is a pic of my shawl so far :


I got to learn and practice a new technique for this project : increasing by adding stitches at the beginning of a row. I will have to increase again soon but that will probably be the last increase that will still be comfortable on the needle length I'm currently using. My longer US7 circs are otherwise occupied by an unfinished strap for the equally unfinished bag that got brazenly tossed aside when I received my yarn for this shawl. So I guess I will have to take the time to finish the strap if I want to free the needles and keep knitting the shawl!

Happy knitting-along to all! : )

8 comments:

kellygirl said...

It's so beautiful! I keep eyeing that Adara. Are you enjoying the yarn?

Arielle said...

I must admit I had mixed feelings about the texture of the yarn at first because it has a more "raw fiber" feel than I expected but I'm learning to appreciate it more and more as I'm working with it. I guess the cottons I've worked with before were extra soft. Not that Adara feels like sandpaper ; ) I'm sure it's as soft as a cotton/linen blend can be. I think it's a great yarn for a summer shawl. I like the way the plies are twisted together. The yarn doesn't split. The colours are gorgeous! I love the way they're combined in the pattern, but even taken individually, the colours are beautiful. The yarn has little wisps of linen sticking out once in a while but they're easy to pull out.

LisaW. said...

Arielle that is just beautiful. I have enough of the Adara for a planned Luna after the SunRay. I was a little leary of the texture but your review gives me a lot of encouragement. Your shawl will be stunning! Nice job on the knitting too. Have you been knitting long?

Suzann said...

Arielle, it is beautiful. Does the yarn soften up any after washing? I was concerned about this yarn also.
You did such a great job with the shawl.

Sarebear said...

Very pretty. I like the texture of this knit, too!

smariek said...

It's gorgeous, I love the colors.

Arielle said...

Thank you all for your comments : ) Lisa, I've been knitting for a year and a half now and it has become a real passion! Suzann, I haven't washed my swatch unfortunately. In fact, I haven't even kept it. Not knowing how close to the actual yarn requirement 1 ball of each colour would be, I swatched, unraveled and cast on. But I'll make sure to comment on the results after washing/blocking.

benne said...

Arielle, that is beautiful! I can't believe you haven't been knitting much, much longer. I can relate to the finish this before I can knit that and use those needles. ;-}