Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Welcome, Mingle, Show Off Your Progress!

The response from the cybersphere has been incredible! To date there are 33 knitters signed up for the Elann Shawl Knit-a-Long! And there are still 14 invitations out that have not yet been activated. I had no idea this would be such a popular KAL! I'm liking it a lot! Several folks I know (yeah, me included) started prior to May 1. One knitter even had the nerve to finish her Luna! Svetlana is such a fast, talented and prolific knitter! Your Luna is stunning in the purple!
Congrats on having the first FO of the official KAL! I wonder how Joan's coming along in her search for more yarn to finish her first Luna? T is almost finished with her gorgeous green Luna that is truly evocative of SK's original inspiration (go back to her post from 4/29 on this KAL!) in green Paton's wool.
But this KAL isn't all about the Luna...oh no...there's a lot more knitting going on....I've seen an Adara on the needles, and a Moonlight Sonata. There's Victorian Lace happening, a Peruvian Cuzco,(go help Amanda decide upon a yarn for her luscious wrap) and a couple of SunRays (including mine! whoohoo!) I'd post a photo but am having technical difficulties with the camera that just returned from a little trip w/ the DH...(OK techno guy...what didja do to my camera?)
Just a few tips for folks new to blogland. If you want to review from day one, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "older posts". Or go the sidebar and see if what you want is posted under the archives.
I'll be doing a weekly wrap (get it..haha!) of all KAL participants who've posted, along with the photobucket or flickr on the sidebar for the fabulous finished objects beginning this weekend. Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring weather. Knit on!

11 comments:

makey said...

i decided!

Moda-dea

thank you for the input.
Amanda

Sarebear said...

I have decided on Pacific Waves (in variegated) actually! Read the last comment on my last post to see why . . .

Also wrote there about colourways I'm considering . . . . I think I'm leaning definitely towards the bolder colourways, now.

Help!

Sarebear said...

Well, I decided on Incan Clay, shortly after my comment above! Will post. Woohoo!

Svetlana said...

Lisa, I guess because my Luna got disqualified for being finished before the start date, I'll have to start another shawl! Like the idea of Rose Garden. Should I?

Joan said...

Yes, Svetlana, go for another one. I'll will take you all of 10 minutes.

Love your colorway Amanda!

Sarebear, I could never do the PW shawl. Cast on 500 sts? Not in this lifetime. LOL.

Lisa, we need to pay you OT. You've done an awesome job rallying the troops.

Sarebear said...

Casting on is fun! i didn't know it was THAT many, though, lol!!! I'm a gonna have to get a long circular then, won't I?

I happen to have OCD, among other things, so counting the 500 5 times at least to make sure I have them all before I continue isn't a problem (hee hee. I'm serious, I DO have OCD, but if a gal can't poke fun at herself, who can? Lol.)

I'll have to look up a different method of casting on, isn't there one that means you don't have to guess how long to make your tail before you start casting on? Cause that'd be perfect, here . . . possibly even necessary!

500 . . . eep. Biggest cast-on ever by a noob? The most stitches I've ever cast on have been for a washcloth, at 47. That's right, about 10% of the shawl. This is gonna be interesting . . . .

Grace said...

got through chart one and one repeat of chart 2 of Luna so far, but just wanted to drop in and say hi to Lisa and thank her for doing this!!!

smariek said...

Wow, that's a great turnout for the KAL!!!

kellygirl said...

Let's hear it for Lisa--KAL leader extraordinaire! 2-4-6-8,who do we appreciate? L-I-S-A. Lisa! Lisa! Whoop! Whoop!

I am so M-o-t-i-v-a-t-e-d!

Sarebear said...

Yes, thank you Lisa! I don't think I'dve had the courage to do this without you!

Anonymous said...

Corey in Maine here...I'll be joining you all soon! Just gotta finish up a pair of gift socks.

I've decided to do the Rambling Leaves Shawl for a friend that I "owe" a shawl to. I haven't knit a shawl in more than a year. I'm gonna be using KnitPicks Gossamer in Leprechaun, probably doubled. Can't wait to cast on!