Monday, May 14, 2007

Luna (moth) Shawl progress


I took Luna off the needles to see exactly what 7 or 8 repeats (I lost track) of chart 2 look like and decided I want another repeat, or two, before the final edging section. For most people, she'd have been long done a few repeats ago. But I am aiming for a warm, woolly, cozy, toasty winter wrap for my drafty New England house. (You know, something appropriate to go with flannel PJ pants and UGG boots.) Since I am up to nearly 300 sts in a row already, this equates to total pattern fatigue for me so I plan to set Luna aside for a while and pick her up later in the summer. I am loving the yarn, Austermann Peru (doubled) merino & alpaca. It is bar none one of the softest, non itchy wools I have ever handled, on the order of malabrigo. Or Fleece Artist BFL. Love this stuff. I plan to start either Luna or Sun Ray soon in cotton as a gift. Still deciding. Callista yarn is what I am considering. Or maybe Luna (yarn) for Luna (shawl)? My fingers may rebel but we'll see.

I enjoy watching everyone's progress and enthusiasm.


5 comments:

Grace said...

i just got some Luna yarn for a sunray but I think I will start another Luna shawl in Dazzle next, maybe even today Your shawl looks fabulous, I have used Austerman Peru and think I have some navy in stash its a lovely yarn!

kellygirl said...

Oh Joan, it is gorgeous! I love the color. You've really been working hard on this baby.

junior_goddess said...

I'm glad you took a good pic, I was looking at mine, and feeling a little doubtful. I am better now.

Patricia said...

Oh Joan she looks lovely I too love the Peru yarn, it is so soft.

makey said...

such a lovely pattern and color. i love green. maybe when i grow up i will try the luna. :)