Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Victorian Lace Shawl Begun!

This is my very first Knit-A-Long, and I am so excited to participate! I have been dying to try making the Victorian Lace Shawl, but was a little intimidated by the lace knitting. Seeing the all the beautiful pictures of works in progress and finding out that there are other folks like me who are new to lace knitting and KAL's gives me hope.

Last night I cast on and started the English Mesh Lace section. It is a little slow going so far, but I think I am getting the hang of it.

Thanks to Lisa W. for setting me up on this KAL blog! It is inspiring to see everyone's progress. Maybe I will have a picture of my own to post soon.

3 comments:

kellygirl said...

Ooh, this is going to be fun. I count three Victorian Lace Shawls--Jaeger Trinity, Elann HW and yours! It's going to be cool to see them in all of the different yarns!

I think Suzie is in the lead--she's already on the English mesh. I've only started the Horseshoe lace.

Knit on!

Joan said...

I need the courage to cast this one on too. I'm SKEEERED! But I do have the perfect yarn.

Sarebear said...

A beautiful choice! This is one I aspire to, someday.