Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sun Ray Shawl knitters....

I thought you might be interested in reading about my Sun Ray shawl battles a few months ago.
Ornery Sun Ray Shawl. In fairness it was the yarn and not the pattern. I did finish her tho' and pics are there. I would like to do her again this time in some sort of yellow, as inspired SK.

I didn't knit a stitch all weekend on my Luna due to an unexpected houseguest but he just pulled away so I will pick up the needles again and get her finished in a day or 2.

3 comments:

sk said...

Hi Joan, you mention that you would like to try different edging for Sun Ray. Try it Luna Moth's way. Ended the body of the shawl on row 24. Plus edging like luna moth and then bind off. I bet it will have a scallop just like luna moth. I haven't try it myself. Will you like to experiment it and let us know? SK

Joan said...

I am your humble servant, SK!

LisaW. said...

Thanks Joan for the link....i'm glad you reminded me about the edging...i'm doing the picot bind off now and omigosh i can't believe how long its taking. sigh. i hope to finish this weekend. ....maybe.