Sunday, May 13, 2007

My attempt @ Moonlight Sonata

First let me say OT "Happy Mother's Day " to all mothers, in any shape or form. :D

Here is my question since I don't have picture to post, but started on Moonlight Sonata.

(total sts 101,125, 149, 173, 197, 221, 245, 269, 293, 317) <<<< what does this mean?
When I did R1 it worked out I do have 101, but now what are the subsequent numbers?
I notice that they are different as I move along. R3 is different than R5 and so on.

Am I repeating this whole stack of rows again? (R1-R12) x3? or x10?

I'm so sorry if this is a stupid question I just didn't know where to turn to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

2 comments:

Having a Knit Fitt said...

You are right. You do all 12 of the rows to make the repeat of the circles. The numbers at the end of the rows give you the number of stitches you should have after each repeat. I finished knitting mine this week - only did 8 repeats (of 12 rows each). I blocked my shawl this afternoon so it should be dry tomorrow. I will take pictures and post them either late tomorrow night or on Tuesday morning.
Cate

Enid said...

awesome thanks!!