Monday, May 14, 2007

Moonlight Sonata FO





SK's lovely design! Thanks for the fun.
Made with 8 repeats instead of 10. Used 4 balls of Elann's Baby Silk on #4 needles.
It would have been nice to have blocking wires so the little loops along the top edge would be round. I knit the picot bind off a bit too tight so couldn't get it to make nice little holes.
I had no idea that I had picked a challenging pattern when I decided to make Moonlight Sonata, I just thought it was pretty. It didn't take long for me to get used to concentrating on all the rows though. I will definitely make sure my next lace project has a purl row every other row.
My detail was a bit washed out from the flash. I will try to take a better picture in the daylight. Not promising.

9 comments:

Patty said...

Moonlight Sonata would have been my choice if I'd found the right stash yarn. Your version is lovely—even without blocking.

I found some great dressing (aka blocking) wires that you might be interested in. Info and links are on my blog.

Billie said...

Cate, this is VERY classy-looking. I love the way the top edge is folding over (duh, is that why they call it a "shawl collar"???). I think it makes your Moonlight Sonata sing...Roll Over, Beethoven!!

kellygirl said...

It's beautiful, Cate! I think the size is perfect. I was thinking about doing a smaller version of this too--perfect for spring!

Anonymous said...

Cate, your shawl is lovely!

Gryffinitter said...

Cate, weren't you saying, like, two weeks ago that you are lace challenged? Way to blast through the wall!!!! Lovely ...

sk said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

LisaW. said...

Stunning cate! will you be keeping or gifting this? So classy and a great size! hmmmm...(nahhh, i'm no where nears that good of a knitter yet!)

Veronica said...

I really like the size and the color. I might stop mine when it gets that big. Excellent work!

smariek said...

Very nice! I like the length in the back, looks like it won't get in the way when you're wearing it.

Ah... so that's why they call it a shawl collar. Never saw that connection before, lol.