Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hi shawly girls, I did finally locate the Austerman Peru I needed to complete my Luna shawl (I skip the moth part bc insects gross me out). It actually located me when one of the readers of the Elann Swap board read my "Desperately Needed" post. I've done about 5 or 6 repeats of the main section of the shawl (that's what happens when you stop a WIP and misplace your project notes) and will do 1 or 2 more. I want a long cuddly shawl bc the Austerman Peru is totally the kind of yarn you'd want to be enveloped in. I am toying with the idea of doing it again in a summer weight like the newly launched elann Calista but I'd like to find out from people first if it's slippery (a negative for me). I am also toying with the Victorian Lace because I have nothing like it.
Anyway, I enjoy reading the posts. And please go on over to my VT pal Amanda's blog and help her with her yarn dilemma and give her shawl confidence a boost!

7 comments:

Svetlana said...

Hi Joan! I'm glad the yarn found you, so now you can finish the Luna. I kinda had a hard time with mine, but love her dearly. Can't wait to see yours.

smariek said...

I'm so glad you managed to find the color you needed since you were so close to finishing it. Knit faster & block faster (hair dryer???) so we can see the finished shawl!!!

kellygirl said...

So glad to hear you have your yarn! I was devastated when I realized I didn't have enough Mayfair to finish my second Sun Ray--I was so grateful to get a ball from Chris to finish my bind off. Can't wait to see your finished object! BTW-you are very welcome again. It is really Jayne's generous spirit--it's contagious! And thanks for teaching me entrelac. I would never have attempted that before lurking on your KAL.

LisaW. said...

oh joan i can hardly wait!

Joan said...

Kelly, were you really a Lady E lurker? How'd she come out? I have a pattern for a trangular entrelac shawl and 1 sk of Paton's SWS that I am trying it out on.

kellygirl said...

Absolutely was a lurker. I was anxiously awaiting your decision on the Silver Thaw colorway. I even ordered some but didn't get around to using it yet. Ended up making a very wide, very long scarf out of two colors of Mr. Joe--winterberry and cornucopia, I think. Came out quite nice.

Is your triange shawl patterned after SK's? I thought hers was divine--and out of super kydd to boot. Hope that SWS works out for you--that is very pretty yarn. Will you be posting a picture soon?

benne said...

Whew! That was a close call on the yarn! That's going to be one of those shawls you find yourself reaching for all the time.