Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Finished SunRay! (But behind on the Weekly Wrap-Up)



Whooooooooo....Finished my SunRay! Great pattern...easy to follow....tinked quite a bit in the fourth repeat (due to DreamGirls distraction)...but basically had the pattern down flat by the 5th repeat. Did 6 repeats total...Used Elann.com Highland Wool in Violet Heather...Size10 Brittany Birches to start with, then switched over to KPOptions (love those KPOptions!) 6 full skeins and about 1/4 of a 7th! Finished size is 80" x 42" (yeah, I blocked the bejeebers out of her!) And I totally, totally love it. Started (early) April 29....finished May 6....It's a WRAP!


Blocking photos per SK's request! (Thank you so much SK for the great pattern! You restored my self confidence in lace knitting!) please ignore shoe detritus at the photo edges...too lazy to crop!





Next on the needles....a Luna for Juna...in elann's Adara...Fern would be the color of choice!

More details on my blog!...And honestly, bad KAL hostess that I am, I will get the weekly "wrapup" later this week!

Happy Knitting!

9 comments:

Grace said...

just beautiful I am so thrilled with your rendition. Even worsted makes gorgeous shawls!!

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Lisa, did you use blocking wires? If not, what did you use?
Cate

sk said...

Lisa: that is beautiful. Thank you for the picture of blocking. You are a good host of KAL.
I can see your new hair style with the highlight. Now we want a front picture.

Billie said...

Very nice, Lisa. And I've got the same question as Cate...blocking wires, or a string guide-line?

LisaW. said...

String Guideline all the way for me...cheap, easy, fast...yup! just like me :)

kellygirl said...

It's lovely! You did a fabulous job. What is guideline? Is it just sturdy string?

jayne said...

What a beautiful shawl. It looks so airy! You look like you are at one with the universe posing in that.

This is a terrific blog, Lisa!!

smariek said...

I was looking at my Violet Heather snips on my shade card, I'm thinking of getting myself some!

More later... M just woke up from her nap crying...

smariek said...

Can't get over the fact that you finished a shawl in only 8 days!!!!!!!! I'm definitely the slowpoke here, but I am inspired to knit more shawls after seeing all the shawls here. Ok, I definitely have to do Sun Ray after I finish Luna.

I have a question about the KnitPicks Options. I looked on the website and it wasn't clear whether you could combine two cords to make one really long cord. I was just wondering if that was possible. And how sharp are the tips?