Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In the beginning


Well after about an hour of trying to figure out how to do a provisional cast on, I succeeded (I think ) in getting my Luna on the needles. I am using KnitPicks ShineSport in Coral, its very light and soft and a pleasure to work with. No splitting, as of yet. This is my second attempt at a shawl. The first time I took the easy way out and avoided any of this top-down, provisional cast on nonsense. ANyway, so far so good. I made it through the first repeat. Enjoy the pics! I shall return when there is more to report


The first picture is more indicative of the true color than the second for those who are interested.



6 comments:

sk said...

Glad you succeeded the cast on, beautiful start!
Shui Kuen

smariek said...

It's looking good. Cotton yarn seems to give better stitch definition. I'm curious, how does cotton block?

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how the cotton will block, i've never really used it as a fiber at all before, apart from a face cloth. I guess i'll be the guinea pig, unless anyone else here has used it

Joan said...

I love KP Shine yarn! Looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The KP Shine is beautiful.

benne said...

Great beginning, see that provisonal caston was worth learning. :-} Beautiful color and pretty knitting.